2012/02/03

風邪の話


Sorry for the long silence on the blog since the last post. Last week was really busy, and I think I'll write about it in my next post. This week I had the worst cold I've had in a long time.

I started to come down with this cold on Sunday. The symptoms were typical. By Sunday night, I was suffering from chills and body aches.

  • come down with a cold 風邪{かぜ}で倒れる[ダウンする](definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • symptom 症状
  • chills 悪寒 (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • body aches 体の痛み (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

When I woke up on Monday morning, I felt like death warmed up.

  • feel like death warmed up ひどく疲れている、ひどく具合が悪い (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

Still, somehow by late Monday evening I had recovered a lot, I thought, so Tuesday I went ahead with teaching.

  • go ahead with 〔計画{けいかく}・仕事{しごと}などを〕進める、推進{すいしん}する、強行{きょうこう}する (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

That might have been a mistake. I got a runny nose, and I couldn't stop sneezing. When I got home, I found out that I was running a fever. I started coughing. I really hope I didn't pass my cold to my student on Tuesday evening.


  • runny nose 鼻水の垂れている鼻
  • sneeze くしゃみをする
  • run a fever 熱を出す
  • cough 咳をする
  • (definitions from Eijiro on the Web)


Wednesday I finally went to the doctor to get some medicine, which seemed to help with my fever. I was still coughing, though, and the runny nose turned to a stuffed-up nose. The staff at the clinic told me they had seen many patients with colds. This is one trend that I don't want to take part in, though.

  • have a stuffed-up nose 鼻が詰まっている (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • take part in ~に参加{さんか}[出場{しゅつじょう}]する (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

Finally today I feel back to about 75% of my usual self, with a normal body temperature and no runny nose.

  • body temperature 体温 (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

If you are one of those people suffering from a cold, I hope you get well soon!

  • Get well soon. 早く元気になってくださいね。/お大事に。◆【場面】見舞いなどで病人の早期回復を願う。(definition from Eijiro on the Web)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー