2012/05/19

「business trip」の使い方


"Where's A-san this week?" I asked.
× "He went to a business trip," someone told me.
○ "He went on a business trip," someone told me.
Use "to" to talk about the destination.
  • He went to Osaka.
You can also say:
  • He is on a business trip at the moment.
My trip to America in March was partly a business trip. Last week, I didn't take a business trip, but I did go on a daytrip to western Tokyo. It's not like central Tokyo, where there are plenty of trains all of the time. It really pays to check the train schedule in order to catch the fastest express.
  • daytrip 日帰り旅行
Business trips can be tough, especially these days when companies are trying to cut costs. I've heard of people having to leave early in the morning and come back late at night, only to have to be in the office again the next day at the regular time. That's hard on the employees for sure. I guess that's a business trip, but your colleagues might just say:
  • She's out of the office today on business.
Some of you need to take business trips abroad. I hope that you'll join one of our English classes to help you upgrade your English for success on your trips.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー