2011/09/16

「blog」と「post」の使い方


This has been a really busy week. I'll show you one of the reasons in my next post. Because I've been too busy, I haven't written so many posts lately. Someone recently asked why Johnny and I write this blog.
× The blog posts about our experiences.
○ The blog contains posts our experiences.
○ We post articles about our experiences on this blog.
"Blog" can be a noun or a verb. In the case of the noun, it means a website that is something like a diary.
As a verb, it means to write things on a blog.
  • diary 【名】〔個人{こじん}の〕日記(帳){にっき(ちょう)}◆【同】journal (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
"Post" can be a noun or verb, too. The noun means an article written on a blog.
  •  article【名】〔雑誌{ざっし}や新聞{しんぶん}の〕記事{きじ}、論説{ろんせつ}、論文{ろんぶん}◆小説などのフィクションを含まない。(definition from Eijiro on the Web)
When we are talking about blogs, the verb "post" means to place an article on a blog. So when describing our blog, I can say:
  • I also post about English grammar and vocabulary.
  • I also blog about English grammar and vocabulary.
  • I also write posts about English grammar and vocabulary.
How many of you are writing blogs? If you have one, what kind of posts are you writing? Do you blog about your hobbies or current events? Do you post often? Send me the links to your blogs so I can check them out!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー