2011/09/28

「put up」の使い方


One of the reasons I was busy recently is that we put up a new sign on our building. I hope it will make it easy for you all to find our building.
  • put up a sign サイン[掲示板{けいじばん}・標示{ひょうじ}]を立てる[掲げる・掛ける](definition from Eijiro on the Web)
Another thing that kept me from posting on the blog as much as I would like has been the heat. I'll admit that I have less energy when it is hot. Fortunately, we have put up with the hot weather long enough, and cool weather has arrived. It feels great, right?
  • put up with【句動】~に耐える、〔じっと〕~に我慢する◆【語源】put up(しまう、隠す)から。(definition from Eijiro on the Web)
Still, I told you all that I was going to write more blog posts, but it has been a while since my last one. Maybe you were thinking, "come on, Nick, either put up or shut up!"
  • Put up or shut up! 行動で示すか、それができないんなら黙ってろ!(definition from Eijiro on the Web)
I'll try to put up more blog posts soon!
  • put up 4. 掲揚{けいよう}する、揚げる、つる、掲示{けいじ}する、示す、発表{はっぴょう}する、上演{じょうえん}する、提出{ていしゅつ}する、提案{ていあん}する、提供{ていきょう}する、寄付{きふ}する (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
We really want to help you with your English. If you will put up the necessary effort, we will guide you as far as we can to speaking English better.
  • put up an effort ~ make an effort 努力{どりょく}する (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
You should take a look at all of the other meanings for "put up" at Eijiro on the Web:
http://eow.alc.co.jp/put+up/UTF-8/
Put up your hands if you have any questions. = Raise your hands...
  • Raise your hand if you have any questions. 何か質問のある人は手を挙げて。(definition from Eijiro on the Web)
I'm not a cop, though, so I won't tell you to "put your hands up!"
  • Put your hands up! 手を上げろ!(definition from Eijiro on the Web)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー