2012/06/12

Tully'sはよくできました!


I had posted about Tully's funny mistake in front of the Yaesu store before:
http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.jp/2011/10/tullys.html
I was pleased to see yesterday that they had fixed the spelling mistake on the sign!

It seems that they changed their operating hours, opening half an hour later than they used to. I guess they took that opportunity to fix the spelling, too.

I sometimes make spelling mistakes. Today I made a mistake with "causative", writing "causitive".
  • causative verb 使役動詞
There's really no justification for spelling mistakes, though, particularly when it's so easy to use a spell-checker. Computer grammar checkers might still have a long way to go, and sometimes people use the wrong words, like "their" instead of "there" or "sacred" instead of "scared".
  • sacred【形】〔神にささげた〕神聖な、聖なる
  • scared【形】おびえた、怖がる、怖がって
  • (definitions from Eijiro on the Web)
However, when it comes to plain spelling mistakes, like mine above, there's no excuse.

Good job, Tully's! I'm glad you fixed your sign.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー