2012/07/17

「暑い日」を英語で


I was preparing some teaching materials today, and I came across a sentence that described today's weather pretty well.
  • It's a scorcher today. 今日は焼け付くように暑い。(example from Eijiro on the Web)
It may have been hot, but the sunset was a beautiful one. The sky went golden. I enjoyed looking at it for about five minutes until I went back inside because it was still too hot.

The three-day weekend was a scorcher, too. I went running on Sunday afternoon, not expecting it to be so hot. 45 minutes later, I was dripping wet.
  • enjoy the three-day weekend 3連休を楽しむ (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
What advice do you have for sweltering heat?
  • sweltering heat うだる[地獄の]ような暑さ (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
I wish there was a better alternative, but the most practical thing I know to do right now is to sit directly under the air conditioner vent. Watch out for heat stroke!
  • heat stroke 熱射病 (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー