2010/05/26

「3日間の分」は英語でどう言う?

Someone asked me how to say 3日間の分 in English. Here's how:
3日間の分 = three day's worth
You can also say:
× a three-days supply of food
◯ a three-day supply of food
Don't use an "s" in "three-day" because usually in adjectives we use the singular form, not the plural form.

I like dark chocolate. Usually I eat an 86% cacao chocolate made by Meiji. Recently I learned that they started making a new one which is 95% cacao. That's strong chocolate! I've tried it now, and while it doesn't taste bad, it doesn't make a very good dessert. I don't really feel it's bitter, but it's just not sweet. I've eaten about six pieces of it, but I haven't really gotten used to it.
  • bitter - 苦い 
I usually ate three pieces of the 86% chocolate each day, but with this one, it's about all I can do to eat one piece a day.
  • That's about all I can do.
    私にできることはそのくらいです。(definition from Eijiro on the Web)
I still have four day's worth of chocolate.
I still have a four-day supply of chocolate
It will be a relief to finish this box so that I can back to a chocolate that's a little sweet.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー