2010/05/30

「s」の発音と「sh」の発音はどう違う?

I'm in trouble now.

After three posts of trying to satisfy people with a photo of myself, now I appear to be a narcissist.
  • narcissist ナルシシスト
The problem with saying this word correctly in English is not using katakana-style pronunciation. In Japanese, it's like this: narushishisuto.
  • pronunciation - 発音
However, in English, the "sh" should be a "s". In your mouth, this is what should be happening.

When you say this, be careful to say the "cissist" part with "s" sounds, not "sh" sounds.

Some other cases where this same pronunciation matter comes up are: sister, policy, pronunciation, and symbol. Take care with any word containing "s".

So, to further demonstrate my narcissitic tendency, here's a photo of something I cooked recently! It's fried tofu and celery stir-fried in black-bean sauce (be careful about the "s" sound at the beginning of the name of this vegetable).
  • tendency - 偏向, 帰趨, テンデンシー, 風潮, 気運, 傾き, 動向, 傾向, 勢運, 勢い, 趨向,趨勢
If you have any good vegetarian recipes, I'd like to hear them. Send me email!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー