2009/11/13

ゲイナー モデル 見た? 会った?


This is one mistake I hear from time to time. "I met a famous actor." when he/she actually means he/she saw a famous actor. When we meet (会う) someone we say exchange words and converse. When we see (見る)someone we only see them from a distance and don't say anything to each other.


Anyway, even though Tokyo is a huge city we get a chance to bump into celebrities quite often. Just last week, I saw (not met) the model in the picture above. Do you know him? I think he looks like my oldest nephew but my wife and daughter don't think so. I have seen him in the same cafe a few times now. Sorry, I can't divulge my juicy secret because I don't want to intrude on his privacy.

He must be quite a looker. Some young ladies couldn't take their eyes off him. Some even peered in thru the shop window. It reminds me of Rod Stewart's song "Some guys have all the luck." The man's got style!!!



See the sample conversation below for further review if you are still unclear.

X A: I met Kimutaku last Saturday.
B: Really? What did you say to him?
A: Nothing. I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

B: You didn't meet him. You only saw him!


O A: I saw Kimutaku last Saturday.

B: Really? Where did you see him?

A: He was in Yoyogi park. He was with a film crew.

They were shooting a scene for his new drama.

B: Did you get a chance to meet him (face to face)?

A: No, I couldn't get within 100 feet of him.

B: That's too bad.


Vocabulary
bump into~ meet by chance.
I bumped into him in Shibuya. ~~渋谷で彼にばったり会った.

a juicy secret~ very interesting or colorful, esp. when slightly scandalous or improper: a juicy bit of gossip.

be a looker~ a very attractive person.
Cleopatra must have been quite a looker. Many men adored her.

can't take one's eyes off
~から目をそらすことができない、目が離せない、~に思わず見入ってしまう・
You can't take your eyes off her. : 君は彼女から目が離せない。
◆非常に魅力を感じているので目をそらすことができない

I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen. :
私の目はスクリーンにくぎ付けになった。/
私は食い入るようにスクリーンを眺め続けた。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー