2011/01/25

私は英語の使い方に注意した方が良い。

Before I get on to this year's important topics, there's still a bit of catching up to do regarding last year's posts. 

I'm writing this post while I have a cup of tea and cookies at a cafe near our classrooms.

I am encouraged by the progress of my students. Back on December 14, I was writing about the difference between "raise" and "rise". In that post, I made an English mistake!

A few of you had not only the sharp eyes to catch my mistake, but also the confidence to bring it to my attention.

sharp eye 鋭い[刺すような]目[視線](definition from Eijiro on the Web)
bring ~ to someone's attention ~を(人)に気付かせる、~に(人)の目[注意]を向けさせる、(人)を~に注目させる (definition from Eijiro on the Web)

Here's my mistake:
× If you want to ask me a question, you don't have to raise you hand; just send me email!
◯ If you want to ask me a question, you don't have to raise your hand; just send me email!

There's no explanation for the mistake; it's just a silly mistake that I should have caught. Thanks again to everyone who pointed it out.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー