2011/02/23

「every」の使い方について

Last month there was an interesting set of performances in at SuperDeluxe in Roppongi. Some musicians visiting Tokyo from Norway played noise music with some musicians living in Tokyo.

I couldn't make it to both nights, unfortunately, but I did catch the Sunday performance. That's where I took this picture of Jim O'Rourke on guitar and  Lasse Marhaug on electronics. The superb drummer, Paal Nilssen-Love, can't be seen because of the large speaker cabinet on the left.

× Does the guitarist do that every his concert?

◯ Does the guitarist do that at every concert?

◯ Does the guitarist do that at every one of his concerts?

Nope. I have seen him play several times, and that was the first time I had seen him play the guitar like that.

"Every" has to be followed by a noun. You can't put a possessive pronoun between "every" and the noun you want to use.

This is something that I want to teach to every one of my students.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー