2009/08/10

関係代名詞の使い方, part 8: comma or no comma?

Here I've marked the relative clauses from the sentences on Thursday night:
  • I'm going to enjoy some extra free time next week, which is a holiday.
  • The holiday, which is a Buddhist one, honors the spirits of our ancestors.
  • There's no holiday which is similar in America, I think.
  • America has holidays which are religious and holidays which are political, but nothing like O-Bon, I think.
  • I'm going to play the drum which I posted a picture of a few days ago.
In these sentences, what information is essential? For more on essential, see this post:
http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-essential.html
The vegetable soup which is in this picture wasn't nearly as delicious as the chickpea curry which I made for breakfast today. I would have shown that to you, but I just realized a problem. My iPhone, which always makes me angry, didn't save the photo somehow. Grrr! <- no commas, then commas... why?
  • 雛豆 (ひよこまめ) (n) chickpea (Cicer arietinum); garbanzo bean;
  • grr うおー!、うーっ!◆怒り
More tomorrow!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー