2009/12/29

「overtime」と「overwork」の違いは何?

It's late, isn't it? Here's my soundtrack for this late hour: Sigha doing a mix for Hot Flush Recordings. You can download it here; it's the second image from the right.
http://www.hotflushrecordings.com/download.html
I've still got a little bit of work left this week. I'm doing some of it now while I listen to that mix. For some people, the holiday has already arrived. For others, there's a bit of the work week left.
× I hope you don't have to overwork this week.
○ I hope you don't have to work overtime this week.
  • 残業 (ざんぎょう) (n,vs) overtime (work); (P); (definition from Edict)
  • work overtime (definition from Eijiro on the Web) 残業する、時間外勤務をする、時間外労働をする、就業時間以上に働く、超過勤務をする、余分に働く
  • It may occasionally be necessary for employees to work overtime in order to finish a particular project. : 《就業規則》業務の都合で時間外に勤務しなければならない場合がある。
  • If necessary, I'm not reluctant to work overtime. : 必要であれば、残業も気になりません。
  • overworked【形】過重労働{かじゅう ろうどう}の (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • This caused the drivers to become overworked. このことで、乗務員は過労の状態になった。
If you have been overworked, I hope you get a chance to rest a lot. I also hope you can find a new boss!

If you have been working overtime, I hope your overtime pay is good!
  • 残業手当 (ざんぎょうてあて) (n) overtime pay;
In the meantime, listen to some good techno from that link above.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー