2009/10/05

「サラダ」は英語じゃない

I don't know why it is that when going to Ebisu I can find lots of English mistakes. Take a look at this photo:
Sarada&Vegetabele
Here are the comments from your picky native English-speaking friend. The most common mistake here is "sarada". Neither "sarada" nor "salada" is English. It's supposed to be "salad". Notice that the English doesn't end with ダ, but ends with "d". Be careful when pronouncing this word!
  • サラダ (n) salad
Also, on the menu, if there are several kinds of salads, you should use a plural noun, not a singular one.

After that, if you're going to put English on a sign, at least use a spell-check! It's so easy! "Vegetabele" should be "vegetable".

Finally, there's the issue of spaces. If you are going to use "&", which is called an ampersand, you need a space on either side of it.
  • アンド (n) ampersand sign; and; (P);
Here's what the sign should have said:
Salads & Vegetables
You know, one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants has a lot of English mistakes on its menu. Still, I didn't try this restaurant; I went down the street to an Italian restaurant I usually eat at. I had olives, a salad, gorgonzola risotto, and tomato, basil, and mozarella gnocchi. It was delicious!

I hope you all had a nice weekend.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー