2013/05/29

Spring is over already? 「already」の使い方, part 1


I can't believe spring is over already. It seems like it was winter just a few days ago. I suppose that technically spring isn't over until the summer solstice, and that is just under one month away.
  • summer solstice《the ~》夏至 (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
However, it feels like spring is over. I'm already wearing shorts almost every day.

You can tell that I am behind because there haven't been any posts since April 9. I feel I just blinked my eyes, yet seven weeks have already passed.

I took this picture a few weeks ago, but that new plant at the end of the shoot is already too heavy for the shoot, so it's bowed down towards the floor now.
  • shoot《植物》〔種子から発芽した〕、芽《植物》若枝、新芽 (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • bowed【形】弓(bow)のように曲がった、頭を下げた (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
More about the grammar of "already" in the next post.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー