2009/09/18

街の喧騒を遮る

Here's another picture from my visit to Hamarikyu Park. On the blog yesterday, I also talked about my visit:
http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post_16.html
This scene surprised me. The contrast between the beautiful flowers and the modern high-rises in the background is nice, I think.
  • 高層ビル - high-rise
  • 背景 (はいけい) (n) background; scenery; setting; circumstance; (P);
I imagine the people with offices that overlook the park really enjoy their view.
  • 見下ろす (みおろす) (v5s,vt) to overlook; to command a view of; to look down on something; (P);
Another thing that surprised me was how the trees on the edge of the park seem to block out the noise of the city.
  • blockout the noise of the city 街の喧騒{けんそう}[騒音{そうおん}]を遮る[遮断{しゃだん}する](definition from Eijiro on the Web)
Tomorrow I'll talk about noise some more, but now it's my bedtime. Sleep well!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー