2011/07/29

このリースを作った人は英語の使い方に注意した方が良い。


I found this wreath on a door the other day. It says:
× Country Home, Sweat Heart
○ Country Home, Sweet Heart
  • sweat (noun) 汗◆【類】perspiration (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • sweet (adj) 思いやりのある (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
If your heart is sweating, you had better see a doctor.

If your heart is sweet, I'd like to meet you! Why don't you come visit one of my classes?

I suppose this person is fantasizing, but an office in Tokyo is about as far from a country home as you can get.
  • fantasize (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
    【自動】空想{くうそう}[夢想{むそう}]する[にふける]
    【他動】~を夢に描く
  • country home 田舎の家 (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • Both countries are about as far away as you can get from each other. 両国はもうこれ以上遠くなりようがないほど離れている。(example from Eijiro on the Web)
I'm waiting for all of you sweethearts in my city office.
  • sweetheart 親切な人 (example from Eijiro on the Web)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー