2011/08/23

「success」の使い方


I haven't put up any pictures of food I've cooked lately. One reason is that I haven't been cooking so much lately. I've been too busy.

I cooked these fried noodles the other day. Besides onions, carrots, and fried tofu, I used some spicy oil with sesame seeds. The noodles were just ordinary buckwheat noodles. You might want to ask me:
× Did you success?
○ Did you succeed?
○ Were they a success?
○ Were they successful?
Notice that "success" is a noun. The verb is "succeed", and the adjective is "successful".
  • (definitions from Eijiro on the Web)
  • success 成功(者){せいこう(しゃ)}、合格{ごうかく}
  • succeed【自動】成功{せいこう}する
  • successful【形】〔結果{けっか}が〕上出来{じょうでき}な、上首尾{じょうしゅび}の、成功{せいこう}した
Yeah! These noodles were a big success, I thought. However, it could have been just because I was really hungry at the time.

One thing that I haven't been successful at is posting on this blog twice a week. Let's see if I have more success this week.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー