2011/10/07

「much」の使い方


OK, who keeps letting people put up nonsense English in Yaechika? I found this one:
× Much the Autumn
○ ???
This one is hard to guess. I wonder what they meant?
  • Bountiful Autumn 
  • bountiful【形】〔物が〕豊富{ほうふ}な; 〔人が〕気前{きまえ}の良い; 〔人が〕慈悲深い、恩寵{おんちょう}の豊かな (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
  • It's very much autumn now!
  • It's much like autumn.
  • Will you buy much this autumn?
Maybe they are making a pronunciation mistake!
Match the Autumn 秋に会う <- is this Japanese OK?
Don't say this though:
× I bought much at Yaechiku.
○ I bought a lot at Yaechiku.
Only use "much" for negative sentences and questions. In a positive sentence, you should use "lots" or "a lot".

I keep finding mistakes at Yaechika. I'm going to search at Kanda Station more. I feel like I might find a lot of mistakes there, too. Do you think I will have much success finding them there? I think it's going to be a bountiful autumn. Wish me luck!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー