2009/04/22

”はまってる” 英語で何て言うのですか?

Do you ever get into situations where you have no idea what a Japanese word or phrase translates to in English? In my never-ending quest to master Japanese here's a useful word I recently saw on a train advertisement that I think might come in handy in a situation.

Do you know how to say ”はまってる” in English? For example, ゲームにはまってるんだ.
はまってる in English is be hooked on (something). So the sentence above translates to I am hooked on games.

A similar expression is be into (something). My friends are into collecting stamps.

Recently, I am hooked on Starbucks chai soy lattes and dark chocolate (They make a marvelous combination!) and I am into Japanese calligraphy.
So what are you hooked on? What are you into?

We hope you are into perfecting your English skills. Keep practicing!
I will be posting more 英語で何て言うのですか? posts so come back often.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー