2010/12/07

私は日本語の使い方に注意した方が良い。(part 4) スペルミスについて

Someone kindly pointed out to me that the headline of my last blog post had a spelling mistake.
  • spelling mistake スペルミス
  • ×  レソトラン
  • ◯ レストラン
Spelling correctly is tough in any language. English spelling is particularly tricky since spelling sometimes seems not to match pronunciation.
  • pronunciation 発音
Fortunately, when typing Japanese, the input method will check it. Unfortunately, I just directly converted hiragana into katakana without letting the input method check it. That was my mistake.

Anyway, I am always grateful when someone shows me where I've gone wrong.

While I am talking about recent feedback, someone else said that I hadn't posted any pictures of what I have been cooking. 
  • × Here are two currys that I made the other day: chick pea curry and spinach curry. 
  • ◯ Here are two curries that I made the other day: chick pea curry and spinach curry.
It's a common mistake to forget to change "y" to "ies" when making a plural noun.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー