2009/05/14

Don't you love the phone?



Here's a mistake I heard the other day:
  • × She didn't accept my phone.
  • ○ She didn't pick up the phone. She didn't answer the phone.
On Monday, someone told me that she hated it when the phone rang after 5 at her office. That meant that it was the overseas office calling, which further meant that she was going to have to speak English on the phone. I want to tell all of you:
DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE ENGLISH ON THE PHONE!
It's good practice for you! If you never try, you won't improve. Sure, it will be tough at first, but if you approach every call like...
Great! This is the chance I've been waiting for to try out my English skills for real!
...you will improve more quickly.

I was on the phone for an hour around lunchtime wishing my mom a happy Mother's Day since she didn't answer the phone when I called on Sunday. I hope you showed your appreciation for the mothers in your lives as well.

If I call you, I hope you will pick up the phone.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー