2009/10/02

「so」と「very」、もう一回

The other day I asked you to find this mistake in this description. Here's the answer:
Last week, I made some very tasty curry. You can see it in this photo. It's chickpeas with lots of tumeric, cumin, and curry powder. It was also cooked with a tomato, and onion, and a lot of ginger. It was a so quickly made curry, but I made some a month ago that was so much better. I don't know why this one wasn't as good. I'd like to hear your recipes for delicious food that can be made very easily.

× It was a so quickly made curry. <- don't use "so" with a noun. ○ It was a very quickly-made curry.
You can review the post here:
http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.com/2009/09/veryso_17.html
× In Kanda I saw this so strangely-placed planter.
○ In Kanda I saw this very strangely-placed planter.
I thought the flower was nice, though, so I took a picture of it. What kind of flower is this?

Today I wanted to eat at that vegetarian restaurant again, but I ran out of time. Instead, I picked up some maki (rice and other stuff rolled and wrapped with seaweed) at a local supermarket. I didn't pay close attention, though, and grabbed a tuna salad roll instead of a fermented soy bean roll. When I bit into it about seven minutes later, I was so terribly disappointed! Fortunately, they were very cheaply priced, so I didn't feel too bad throwing it away. I also had another one with cucumber and plum, so I didn't starve.

The lesson for me is not to be so hasty!
  • せっかち (adj-na,n) hasty; impatient; (P);

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー