2009/11/12

「feel well」と「feel good」の違いは何?

Someone asked me about the difference between "feel well" and "feel good". We were talking about work.

"Feeling good" is often about your mental condition. "Feeling well" is about your health.
× When I don't feel well about work...
~ When I don't feel good about work...
○ When I don't feel good about what's going on at work...
Sure, sometimes you may be sick of work. You might even have "sick building syndrome" from your office.
  • 厭き厭き (あきあき) (n,vs) sick of; bored (with); (definition from Edict)
  • sick building syndrome シックハウス症候群◆省エネのために換気量を少なくした高気密性のビルにおいて、建材や内装材から有害物質が出て濃度を増すために、ビル内で働く人に生じる病気。◆【略】SBS (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
However, this person wanted to talk about her job performance or how smoothly work was going.

Someone else asked the difference between "feel well" and "be well". When my doctor gave me a prescription, he said that I need to be sure to take all of the antibiotics.
  • 薬方 (やくほう) (n) prescription; (definition from Edict)
  • 薬箋 (やくせん) (n) prescription; (definition from Edict)
  • 抗生物質 (こうせいぶっしつ) (n,adj-no) antibiotics; (P); (definition from Edict)
"You may feel well," he said, "but you might not be completely well. That's why it's necessary to take all of them."

When I saw these flowers, I felt really good! I hope you do, too!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー