2009/09/15

「くたばる」は英語で何?

I bought this hard drive about five years ago in Taiwan. Recently, I bought a new hard drive to back up a lot of my data.
  • back up data - コンピューターのデータをバックアップする
When I was doing my backups, I wanted to move the things on this drive to the new drive. However, when I plugged it in, the light on the front just flashed green and red. I tried everything, but no matter what, I couldn't access the data inside. It had died.

It had kicked the bucket.
  • くたばる (v5r,vi) (1) (col) to kick the bucket; to drop dead; to die; (2) to be pooped; to be exhausted; (P);
It had croaked.
  • croak - くたばる、死ぬ、落第する
It had bitten the dust.
  • bite the dust - 戦いで倒れて死ぬ、戦死する
All of these phrases are slang; don't use them in a really serious situation.

I can't remember what was on the drive. I hope it wasn't important. A friend of mine says that no high-tech gear can survive more than five years. Maybe he's right. Remember to back up your data!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー