2009/09/11

「コストパ」は英語で何?

Here are the answers to yesterday's question:
These days I try to cook:
× a) as possible as I can
× b) as can as much
○ c) as much as possible
× d) possibly as much
○ e) as much as I can.
Even though I try to cook as much as possible, lunch is a meal I can rarely cook.

Today, I tried a relatively new vegetarian restaurant in Higashi-Nihonbashi. The interior was pleasant, and I particularly liked the natural lighting.

I had a mushroom pasta with a tiny salad and a cup of vegetable soup. The meal cost ¥1000. The flavor was not so bad, but to be honest, the pasta was a bit saltier than I like, and the soup was a bit more watery than what I make at home. The salad was also much too small.
  • コストパ、コスト・パフォーマンス cost performance // price vs performance (definition from Eijiro on the Web)
I'm not sure I've ever heard a native speaker use this in a conversation, especially about food. We're more likely to say something like:
  • It wasn't a very good value.
  • It wasn't worth it.
  • I didn't get my money's worth.
I'll try it again another time. If it's better, I'll give you the details on how to visit yourself.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー