2009/04/13

Further adventures with my iPhone

This evening, I stopped by Don K. and bought two replacement cables for my iPhone: one for my bag and one to leave at my desk at school. The English label is funny:
  • "Music Data for iPhone3G iPod"
It sounds like the package includes something like a catalog of music, not a cable for connecting an iPhone to a computer. What's funnier is that the katakana clearly reads:
  • データケーブル
Why didn't they simply write that Japanese English on it? "Data cable" is perfect English. Maybe they were afraid, since so much Japanese English is quasi-English. Here's a case where it would have been perfect, and much better than "Music Data".

I hope that the wise readers of our blog will be able to provide their companies with better English than those working for that company. If you keep reading our blog, I expect you will be able to.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー