2009/04/30

I'm starting Golden Week with housework.


This is how my Golden Week begins: housework. Look at that: dishes from dinner last night, breakfast this morning, and lunch earlier today. What a mess!

Here are some definitions from Edict:

家事 (かじ) (n) housework; domestic chores; (P);
家事労働 (かじろうどう) (n) housework;

I suppose I could also say that I'm taking care of my chores first so that I can have fun later.

Still, if I say that, it sounds like I'm a kid and my parents have given me this assignment. It's not really true; I do particularly like having a clean apartment.

What I can't say is:
× I'm doing my house chores.

There are a few people who say that, but "housework" is SO much more common. Please use it instead.

OK. I've got to get busy doing the dishes. I want to cook something for dinner, but I can't until the sink is empty. Everybody enjoy the break!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー