2010/11/02

「go on」について

"Doesn't 'go on' mean continue?" somebody asked me. This person had read my post from a few days ago about "go to" and "go on".

http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.com/2010/10/ecocologo-togo-on.html

"Sure! 'Go on' has both meanings," I said.

"Go on" as a verb meaning "continue" can take an activity as an object.
  • I will go on posting pictures of English mistakes when I find them.
  • Even if you make mistakes, I hope you'll go on studying.
It doesn't always use an object, though. There was a typhoon on Saturday.
  • Someone told me that her daughter's school festival went on despite the typhoon.
Right now, there's a box of chocolate sitting next to me. They're delicious, so I might go on eating them if I don't put the box away. I supposed I had better put them away.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー