2009/05/27

I am hungry. I am very hungry. I am soooo hungry!!!

I am hungry.
I am very hungry.
I am so hungry I can eat a horse.

Which of the sentences above sound strongest? Depending on your intonation, so can be used as an intensifier.

I seldom hear students use so as an intensifier.
I usually hear sentences like these:
It was cold so I put on my jacket.
I was hungry so I went to 7-11 to get something to eat.

Use so to make your story more interesting, especially in casual conservation.
It was soooo (stretch the o) hot, I was sweating buckets.
The test was so difficult, Einstein wouldn't have passed.

How would you finish the following sentences?
Bill Gates is so wealthy he...
George Clooney is so handsome..
Dinner was so good...

I am so hungry I can't fini....

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー