2009/05/09

Do you always make this mistake?

Here's a quick note before I hit the sack.
  • hit the sack 床に就く◆【直訳】綿の入った袋(sack)(=マットレス)に自分の体をぶつける(hit)
  • Last night, I hit the sack before midnight. : 昨夜は夜中の12時前に床に就いた。(definition from 英辞郎 on the web)
The word "mistake" should usually be used as a noun, not a verb. The verb you should use with "mistake" is "make".
  • × I always mistake.
  • ○ I always make that kind of mistake.
We use "mistake" as a verb like this:
  • 見誤る (みあやまる) (v5r,vt) to mistake someone for someone else; to misread; (definition from Edict)
  • I mistook you for someone I know.
  • He mistook one corner for the next one, and that's how he got lost.
  • It's easy to mistake one twin for the other one.
Kusanagi probably feels like he made a mistake. I've been writing a program all week, and it has taken a long time because I keep making a lot of mistakes. If I make a Japanese mistake, please let me know.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー