2009/07/02

I'm a happy vegetarian this evening.


Besides some nice conversations, maybe the best thing that happened today was trying a new, delicious, and cheap vegetarian meal.

I mentioned finding it back in June:
http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.com/2009/06/if-you-are-sure-something-will-happen.html
At Shiodome City Center, there's a branch of this restaurant:
http://quina.jp/index.html
  • branch - 支店
They have a vegan taco rice. It's typical Japanese rice covered with fake taco meat made from soybeans.
  • ビーガン (n) vegan; 絶対菜食主義者 (ぜったいさいしょくしゅぎしゃ) (n) vegan;
  • soybean 《植物》大豆{だいず}◆マメ科、一年草。タンパク質が多い。豆腐、みその原料。
They give you a bunch of shredded lettuce and almost a whole avocado to put on top.
  • shredded lettuce みじん切りの[細く刻んだ]レタス
There's also salsa. She asked me if I wanted mild or hot. I had expected even the hot sauce to be mild, so I asked for hot. I was surprised when it actually was spicy! It was delicious. What a great dinner that was! On top of that, it was cheap: only 750 yen!

If you find a vegetarian dish in a restaurant you often go, please let me know. Back to English topics tomorrow...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー