2009/07/14

「miss」と「mistake」の違いは何ですか?

We talked about making mistakes back on May 9.
http://upgradeenglish.blogspot.com/2009/05/do-you-always-make-this-mistake.html
Here are some other things you should be careful about when talking about your mistakes.
  • うっかりミス = × careless miss ○ careless mistake
  • スペルミス = × spell miss ○ spelling mistake
  • 計算ミス = a miscalculation
  • 私のミスです。It's my mistake.
Remember that the verb you should use with "mistake" is "make".

In English, "miss" has a few meanings, but maybe the most common meaning is a verb.
  • 慕う (したう) (v5u,vt) to yearn for; to miss; to adore; to love dearly; (P); (but I've heard that you guys don't say this in Japanese)
However, we often say sentences like this in English:
  • I miss the food in Taiwan. <- true!
  • I don't miss the food in Texas. <- true!
Watch out for these mistakes!

I tried to take a picture of the smoke coming off a burning stick of incense, but I think it was a mistake to try taking such a photo with the poor camera in the iPhone. Maybe I had better stick to photos of the food I cook...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー